I acquired a home/land site from my district. What do I need do to get water service form TOUA?

New service for water and wastewater includes: A district resolution or community resolution for the home/land site authorizing all utilities to be provided is needed. This would include electric, telephone, water/wastewater, and propane. There are various factors that will affect a new water customer. It is strongly recommended that the customer come to TOUA to obtain a check list of documents needed to acquire a water service line and for access to the wastewater (sewer) system. You may call (520) 383-5831 for detailed information.

Does TOUA require a deposit for new utility customers?

Yes. If you have never had a bill with TOUA the deposit amount is $200. You may call TOUA’s Water and Electric Billing Department for any questions you may have regarding the deposit. This deposit covers both water and electric. If you have had any type of service with TOUA and your account(s) are in good standing your deposit will be waived. You may not have to pay the deposit if you can provide a Letter of Credit from a previous utility company where you were not delinquent more than twice during a 12-month period. TOUA does require a completed customer information form. This form will provide basic information necessary to establish your account, such as billing address, contact information, etc.

The name on the water bill account no longer lives here, what does TOUA need for me to change the account in my name?

For existing services, you will need homeowner verification. This can be done by the following: A deed (if it is your home) or Will (verifies a previous owner willed it to you) or Probate Allocation or A letter from the district verifying how long you have been in the home and to verify your relation to the homeowner. If someone else owns the home, you will need a notarized letter from the homeowner giving authorization for the name change and/or to connect services at the location. Or in the case of a “family home,” where the parents are deceased, a notarized letter from all of the siblings acknowledging you are in the home and will be responsible for the bill. If there were services in the home all past due TOUA balances would have to be paid. In addition, if you owe TOUA for any services, these must also be paid or arrangements made on any previous bill(s) you may have had with TOUA.

What can I do if I cannot pay my bill on the due date?

If you need some time to pay your bill, you may make arrangements with our Collections Department.

If I have a faucet in my home or yard that does not work, who do I call at TOUA?

If any plumbing is not functioning properly in your home it is your responsibility to call a plumber to assist you. TOUA provides water to your home up to the water meter. After the meter, the responsibility belongs to the customer. TOUA does have plumbing services available. For more information call (520) 383-5831. It is important that your home’s plumbing is working properly. If you have leaks, or your toilet bowls is constantly running this can increase your water bill.

If I see water pouring out of the ground, how do I report this problem?

If you see any situation that may involve a main water or sewer line, please call TOUA at (520) 383-2236. If it is after hours please call the same number and connect with the Water Department to report the situation.

Does TOUA use social media to inform customer of water breaks, etc.?

Yes. TOUA now has a Facebook page that will inform our customers of any interruption in water service. Or you may continue to call our business office to find out if you are in an affected area.